You would like to know what happens to the capital belonging to a deceased account holder?
We need the following documents from you in order to dissolve the vested benefits account of the deceased account holder and to pay out the death benefit to the eligible beneficiaries:
- Signed and completed form Notification of death
- Copy of the death certificate
- Copy of the updated family record booklet or family certificate
- Copy of the certificate of inheritance or (if the inheritance has been declined) official list of heir
Your documents will help us perform our initial check. We may need additional information and documents. We will contact you if this is the case.
- Money from vested benefits accounts cannot be paid out in the form of a pension.
- Please clarify with the benefits scheme of the deceased account holder whether you are entitled to pensions from there.
- The regulations provide for a payout of the death benefit in equal parts to the eligible beneficiaries.
- This entitlement is not subject to inheritance rights and does not form part of the deceased’s estate or bankruptcy estate.
- We are obliged to report payments over CHF 5000.00 to the tax authorities under the regulations.
- If you have your residence abroad, source tax will be deducted on payments of CHF 1000.00 or more.